Spring 3 on 3 FAQ’s (Frequently Asked Questions)
1. What is the cost? $2000/team up to Jan 31/17, from Feb 1/17 the cost increases to $2200/team. A 50% deposit is required at time of registering. 1st teams to pay their deposit get 1st choice of jersey color. . Payments can be made with credit card (visa, mastercard or American express), e-transfer, cheque or cash. We require the team payments to come in all together.
2. How do I register a team? Login into www.rpmhockey.com, if you don’t have an account, you will need to ‘create account’, once you receive your confirmation email, you can login. After logging in, click on ‘Leagues’ and then tab over to ‘Registration’. You will only need your ‘Team Name’ and ‘Division’ to start. Once your team is confirmed by our office, you can start to add players to your roster. We cannot have duplicate team names, even if teams are in different divisions.
3. How many players are we allowed?
Hockey 2, 3 & 4 are allowed to dress 9 players + 1 goalie per game. Atom to Midget divisions are allowed to dress 6 players + 1 goalie per game.
Teams can carry any number of players on their rosters, but they are limited to dressing the above number of players per game. Girls teams are allowed to dress 1 extra skater (the extra jersey will be the teams responsibility).
4. How do the Divisions work?
-Players must register in the Division they played Minor Hockey in during the 2016/17 season. For example: if a player played Bantam this past season, they would register in Bantam for Spring 3 on 3. Players can play up a division (a PeeWee player can play Bantam) but not down a division (a Bantam player cannot play PeeWee).
5. How do I add players to my roster? Once your team registration has been confirmed, we will email you the directions on how to add players to your roster.
Jersey Colors: Your team will have their choice in jersey color, 1st paid, 1st color picked. All jerseys come with the 3 on 3 logo on the front.
Colors include: white, grey, black, yellow, orange, red, maroon, light blue, royal blue, teal, navy blue, green, dark green, pink
Hockey 2-4 – get 10 jerseys per team. Atom-Midget Teams – get 7 jerseys per team
7. Do we need a certified coach for 3 on 3? You do not need to be a certified coach for 3 on 3….you just need someone to manage the team (collect player info and payment and pass along schedules and league info).
8. How do I pay for my team? You can pay for your team online with a credit card. If you are paying by cash or cheques email firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange to drop off payment.
9. How many games do we play? Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 12 games. Some weekends your team may have a ‘Bye’ (no game) and other weekends you may have a ‘Double Header’ (2 games on the same day).
10. What if one of our players is sick or away?Teams can use substitute players, but they must be in the same age group (division) or younger than the other players on the team. For liability reasons, all substitutes must be registered (name, address, phone #, birthdate, email) online (on your roster) with RPM prior to the game. Some teams charge subs a fee and refund it back to the player missing, others don’t charge subs, it is a team/manager decision.
11. Do we need our own goalie gear? Yes, you can generally borrow or rent the goalie gear from your Minor Hockey team or Association.
12. What days/times will our games be held?
We won’t really know what days/times teams will play until all the teams are registered. Below are approximate times.
Hockey 2/3 - Saturdays 10:00am-1:00pm
Hockey 4 - Saturdays 1:00-3:00pm
Atom - Saturdays 3:00-8:00pm &/or Sundays 10:00am-1:00pm
Peewee - Sundays 11:00-4:00pm
Bantam/Midget - Saturdays &/or Sundays 4:00-9:00pm
13. Are the divisions tiered? The 1st 4 weeks of play will be tiering games. The strongest teams will play in one division and weaker teams will play in the other division. Once the tiering games are done, we will post the remaining schedule.
14. How does it work for Girls teams? Girls teams generally play 1 division lower in Spring 3 on 3 than they do in their regular season. A Bantam Girls team should play in the Peewee Division. Girls teams are allowed to dress 1 extra skater, so Hockey 2-4 can dress 10 skaters and Atom-Midget can dress 7. If Girls teams get male subs, they should not dress an extra skater.
Girls teams will need to purchase an extra jersey for their extra player.
15. Will we get a tax receipt? Once team payment has been paid in full, receipts will be emailed out to participants on the roster before the end of April. Only regular full-time players will receive receipts. We do not issue receipts for subs if subs are required to pay.
RPM Hockey Company Ltd. reserves the right to use any photos/video footage taken during our programs for advertising and/or instructional purposes. If for any reason you don't want to be included please let our staff know.
There are no individual refunds or appeals for players who have been removed from league play for conduct unbecoming. RPM Hockey Company reserves the right to establish league policies, monitor individual and team performance and behaviour. Teams and or individuals who do not comply will be removed from league play with no refund provided.
Contact email@example.com if you have additional questions or need more information.