RPM 3 on 3 Rules & Regulations:
- Each game will be comprised of three 9 minute running time periods with a 3 minute warm up prior to each game and 1 minute between periods.
- Minor penalties will be awarded in the form of penalty shots at the end of regulation time. Penalties will be indicated by the referee at the time of infraction. Team that takes the penalty relinquishes possession of the puck to the other team. Any player receiving 3 minor penalties will be ejected from the game
- There will be no bodychecking in this league (AT ANY LEVEL).
- Major penalties will not be tolerated; Any player receiving a MAJOR penalty as described below will be ejected from the game and may be removed from the league. (penalties including hitting from behind, deliberate body checking, intent to injure, fighting). A penalty shot will also be awarded. NOTE: Profane language and aggressive behavior may also result in removal from the league.
- Each team will have no more than 7 players (including a goalie) dressed for each game (Tyke/Novice 10 players dressed). All players are to be registered with RPM prior to each game.
- After a team scores all players must clear the blue line before they can forecheck (similar to a delayed offside).
- Offsides will be called, if there is an offside the team which went offside has to leave the puck and clear the blue line (again like a delayed offside).
- There will be no icing called.
- If a puck is shot out of play, the team that did not shoot the puck out will get possession of the puck and play will continue (including deflections off sticks, equipment, goalies, etc)
- Teams are to wear their provided 3 on 3 jerseys for all games. Substitutes should wear a jersey of similar color if possible, 3 on 3 pinnies can be provided if needed.
- Substitute players MUST be registered (email the following info to RPM: name, full address, phone #, email and birthdate) with RPM.
- When the goalie covers the puck they are required to play it if possible, if not the ref will blow the whistle and the opposing team must clear the blue line (similar to offside) before they can apply pressure.
- If a player is hurt the ref will blow the whistle and teams are to return to their respective benches. There will be a face-off at centre ice after the injured player is off the ice. The time will be stopped at the discretion of the scorekeeper and referee.
- There will be no tolerance for chirping or bullying of any kind, incidents will be dealt with individually, and may result in players, coaches, and/or spectators being removed from the league. This includes abuse of officials and/or RPM staff. This will be dealt with zero tolerance.
*Any on or off ice disciplinary action may be taken by referees or RPM staff as necessary.
- All teams must provide their own coaches (minimum of 1 & maximum of 2), pucks, first aid kits and water bottles etc.
- Team organizers and Coaches ARE responsible for the behavior (including their own) of their players on and off the ice.
- Dressing rooms are provided on a 1st come basis…the 1st 2 teams will take dressing rooms #1 and #2, the next 2 teams will take dressing rooms #3 and #4, the next 2 teams may have to share dressing rooms #1 and #2 until the 1st team using the room is done. Please keep your teams gear to 1 side of the room.
- Coaches, team organizers or a team representative must remain with their players until they have left the building
- We will keep score, but we will not award points to players – the focus is on team effort.
- A referee will be provided for each game. RPM staff will be at the arena throughout the weekends.
- The first 2-4 weeks is generally a tiering time where we are able to balance the teams out to the best of our abilities based upon the scores and play from those games. To help the process we strongly encourage your teams to show up with as many as their regular players as possible!